Wednesday 5 March 2014

REVIEW: Too Faced 2014 Spring Collection - La Crème lipsticks

Hi everyone! How have you been? :)

I just started school this week and so far it's been pretty chill. I'm so excited for my trip to America which is in like a little over 3 months! Can't wait to go out and get all the make up that I want!
Any whoooo, I just got these lipsticks from Too Faced as early birthday gifts and was just so excited about them because I was just about to purchase them myself but yeah! Thanks so much to my lovely family friend, Sarah! <3 I'm assuming that she stalked my twitter so that's how she knew that I wanted them haha!

Moving on.


There are 5 new shades for the 2014 spring collection in the La Crème lipsticks by Too Faced and I have 3. I have Pink Chocolate, Bon Bon and Jelly Bean. The other 2 new shades are Taffy and Lollipop. I've swatched both Taffy and Lollipop in store and neither appealed to me so I don't think I'll be getting those myself any time in the future.

Good job on picking the 3 nicest shades, Sarah!

On to my review:

On the website: There's rich, there's obscenely rich and then there's our La Crème Color Drenched Lip Cream. Oozing with lip-conditioning hydrators, including white lotus flower. It Treats while it enhances lip.

Pricing: The La Crème lipsticks by Too Faced retails for $31.95 here in Australia and each contain 3g/0.11 Oz.

Packaging: They have the same packaging as the other lipsticks in the La Crème line and it's in the gold tube which is very sleek and feels really sturdy so the cap won't be falling off in your handbag :)

My thoughts: I love the La Crème lipstick line! I love more shades over others but overall I think it's a great lipstick line. They are very moisturising and are very creamy. These 3 colours from the spring collection aren't totally opaque but have very good pigmentation. The colour is buildable so if you do want opaque colour, they layer really well. But they're also great for everyday wear if you're looking for something that's not too bright and is more wearable. You do have to reapply throughout the day if you want the same colour intensity as when you first applied it but they do last a few good hours. The sheen does wear off after a couple hours of wear and the colour also fades some but it doesn't fade out completely.
Because they are really moisturising, these will give a really nice shine to the lips but it you want something matte or something that's not too shiny, then these colours aren't that. They are so comfortable on the lips and I haven't noticed and particular scents with these at all. I do like using these when my lips are dry but I haven't really noticed anything about it treating dry lips? I mean, they keep them moisturised if that's what they mean by that haha
Also, there was a website that mentioned that these were limited edition, however, on the Too Faced Website, I haven't seen it saying that these were limited edition... so I'm pretty sure that these aren't around for a limited time as I have not seen any where else mentioning that they're limited edition.



'Pink Chocolate' is a neutral pinky shade with brown tones that is perfect for the cooler seasons of the year. Of course you could wear this as an everyday neutral colour too but it is very slightly darker than your everyday my-lips-but-better shade.




Lips with no product on it

 Lips with one layer of Pink Chocolate applied


'Bon Bon' is a beautiful pinky-coral shade that is definitely perfect for spring and summer! On the website, it's described as a pink papaya shade. I think this shade would definitely have to be my favourite and if you like pinks to coral shades then this would be perfect for you.



Lips with one layer of 'Bon Bon' applied


'Jelly Bean' is a pink with red undertones and is almost like a raspberry colour. I think this is the most pigmented out of the 3 and is so nice when you layer it to make it opaque. If you want a bright pop of colour this spring/summer but don't want something that's too bold, then this is a beautiful colour! I love how you can sheer it out and build it up to the intensity that you like :)



Lips with one layer of 'Jelly Bean' applied

Overall: I would highly recommend these colours! The texture of these lipsticks are so lovely - they're so creamy and moisturing and are just so comfortable to wear. If you're looking for some colour this spring and summer (those in the northern hemisphere haha) then I would definitely recommend Bon Bon and Jelly Bean. Pink Chocolate is more of a darker colour and if you don't really like browns then it may not be for you but it's also a very nice colour for the cooler months in my opinion. 

So yeah, if you're wanting to spoil yourself with a lip colour any time soon I do recommend these :)

Wearing 'Bon Bon'

Have you tried any colours of the new spring collection yet? If not, do you want to now? :D What is your favourite shade? I really love Bon Bon haha 

Until next time guys! Stay safe :)

Pochu xx

(Products mentioned were given to me as gifts and review is my 110% honest opinion. I am grateful for all things that I receive)

3 comments:

  1. Ohh...we love the packaging of these lippies, and all the shades you got are gorgeous. We're lusting over Bon Bon, it's the perfect everyday lip colour!

    www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. pochu!! you are so gorgeous :D -- Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  3. when are you coming to america?

    ReplyDelete