Friday 14 February 2014

Daiso Cosmetics (PART 1) - make up for $2.80??

Hey everyone!

Long time no blog post! I have just been lazy and yeah... just lazy. Sorry <3
But I've decided to start posting again because honestly, it was something that I did enjoy doing. So if I enjoy it, why not continue doing it?

So today I've got some cosmetics from DAISO to review for you guys. I was in Daiso yesterday and I have never thought to buy the makeup from there. Like... $2.80! Can it be any good? I've had some bad experiences with cheap makeup when I first started playing with makeup back in highschool and I haven't really trusted anything "cheap". But now that I have some what of an experience with makeup, I thought 'why not?'. So I bought quite a few things and here is part 1 of the review.


So for today's review I have 3 blushes, 1 eye shadow palette and 1 lipstick to review for you guys. Let's get started, shall we? :)

 Blush in shade "pink"


So the first product I have here is the blush in the shade "pink". They don't have fancy names for their products but that's not the important thing. This blush is a soft pink and has a ever-so-slightly hint of a coral undertone with fine silver shimmer in it. This blush is quite shimmery when you swatch it with your fingers but when you blend it out onto your cheeks, the shimmer leaves a nice glow. It's well pigmented and has such a great consistency. It's not the most pigmented blush ever but that's what makes this very easy to work with. I think this blush gives a really nice glow to the face that's not too over-powering (as some blushes with shimmer can make you look greasy instead) while also giving you some colour. 




This next blush that I have is a blusher and highlighter duo in the shade "rose". The blush when you first swatch it with your fingers look slightly chalky, but when blended out onto the skin, it looks amazing. The highligher, again, when swatched with the fingers looks more chalky than the blush colour (maybe because it's white) and is very shimmery. I don't care for the highlighter shade too much because when you blend it into the skin I think it just makes my face look too glittery and not so much "glowy". The blush colour itself is a peachy-rose colour with an orange undertone I just really love the colour! I think it's such a nice colour for spring and summer. However, it has less shimmer in it than the first blush so if you want some shimmer to it, very lightly add the highlighter over it :) It's well pigmented and the colour is super blendable and buildable! Love the blush colour! I also found that this blush colour had the more fallout than the other 2 if you swirled your brush in it too much but it's not a lot. 





This product is also another blusher and highlighter duo in the shade "strawberry" and is a part of the "Princess" range. This one probably has the best packaging out of the three blushes here and also has a small mirror on the lid. The blush colour itself is an almost hot pink shade. LOL I am horrible at describing things. It also has a satin finish and has a very slight hint of shimmer through it. I think colour is the most pigmented out of the other 3 blushes but again, it's not too pigmented but you still kind of have to have a light hand when tapping into this blush with your brush. I've noticed that with the highlighter shade, the glitter is slightly bigger than the other shimmery blushes/highlighter but it wasn't like chunks of glitter. I also prefer this highlighter over the other one because this one has a slight pink tint to it but if you're not a fan of glitter/shimmer, this highlighter isn't for you because of the bigger pieces of glitter. Again, super blendable and buildable with the colour!




The next product is the eyeshadow palette in "brown". There no fallouts at all with these eyeshadows and I think they have an amazing consistency. They aren't the most pigmented eyeshadows but are great. Especially for $2.80! As you can see from the swatch, the first colour is the least pigmented - you can barely even see it, the next 3 colours are the most pigmented and smooth colours of the 6. The darkest colour was a little muddy and sheer - not so great. The white shade would be beautiful for highlighting the inner corner of your eyes but probably not for your brow bone as it would be too shimmery - nothing special about the white shade. I really love the second colour! Overall the palette was pretty good but isn't the best but hey, for the cost, it sure does beat some other palettes. 




 Lips with no product on

Lips with 2 layers of lipstick

And lastly, I have the 'Pearl Rouge' lipstick in the shade "peach". First off, the packaging is nothing special and I find that everytime I try to apply the lipstick, the bullet gets pushed down so the packaging is not that great. The lid is quite sturdy but it doesn't click on so there could be a chance for the lid to come off if it was just lying around in your bag. It's a very sheer peachy colour that kind of looks more pink that peach on my lips. I think this colour is a very nice everyday colour if you like sheer colours. It gives a nice subtle pink colour to the lips and is very creamy. However, it doesn't last very long.

Overall: I think Daiso has some great products. I have yet to try the eyeliners and mascaras so I will be picking those up soon and seeing how they work out for me and then do a part 2 of this when I get some more products. I love the blushes. I think the colours are great and well pigmented and are very blendable. The highlighters in the duos are good not great - I'm not crazy over them. The eyeshadow palette is good not great too though I do love 3 out of the 6 colours. And the lipstick was ok and not great for me too. But for $2.80 each, I think it's a great bargain. Especially for the blushes! They have great staying power as well :) So I do highly recommend that you give the blushes a try! I prefer these blushes over my Etude House blushes (which I will have a post about them soon). Of yeah and the brushes that came with these products aren't great but I generally never use the brushes that come with products anyway.

That is all for now. Until my next post, stay safe, everyone! 

Love you all <3

Pochu

No comments:

Post a Comment