Monday 16 June 2014

REVIEW: Too Faced Chocolate Bar eyeshadow Palette

Hey everyone!

How was your week so far? 

For my birthday, I received the Chocolate Bar palette by Too Faced! Thank you so much, Trang and Gurmit! <3 Love you guys! I was going to get this myself but they told me that they already bought it for me haha

Anyway, I wanted to do a quick review on it. I know that this palette has been out for a while now, but I still wanted to just write about what I thought on the palette.

Here it is :)




This is the Too Faced Chocolate Bar eye shadow palette. You get 16 eye-shadows and the packaging is absolutely adorable!

On the site: The Chocolate Bar experience begins as soon as you open the palette and the smell of sweet chocolate envelopes you. The eye shadows are pigmented with pure, antioxidant-rich cocao powder and includes 16 matte and shimmer shades of natural browns, delicate pinks and luscious plums. Includes our signature how-to Glamour Guide with three looks to get you started.

Pricing/Content: It retails for $68.95 AUD at Mecca and Kit Cosmetics stores. You get about 0.95g of product with the smaller shadows and 2.8g of product for the two bigger shadows. 

Packaging: Packaging is absolutely adorable and very true to the concept! The outer packaging is made to look like the wrapper of a candy bar and the actual packaging for the actual palette is in the shape of a chocolate bar :D It has a magnetic closure which isn't the most secure but good enough. I also found that the palette itself was a little thick. It is however, lightweight. 




My thoughts: I love smell of this palette. LOL! It smells soooo good! If you're a chocolate lover, then you're going to love this palette. I also recommend the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer because that also has a really nice chocolate smell to it. 
I like this palette. I think it's adorable and cute. Some colours have better pigmentation over others. The metallic colours (marzipan, amaretto, hazelnut, crème brulee and haute chocolate) have the best pigmentation while the glittery shades (candied violet and black forest truffle) had an okay pigmentation. The matte colours are really nice too - great as transition colours or even by themselves for an all-matte look. They had a great texture but some of the pigmentation was okay. It took a couple swatches for me to get them to look opaque but other than that, they were beautiful colours. I don't think that it was necessary for 'white chocolate' and 'champagne truffle' to be so big and they could've added two more colours into the palette but I do love those two colours. Oh and the names for the shades are all so yummy! :P Most shades had some minor fallout - especially candied violet. 




Gilded Ganache: A dark brown with warm undertones with gold/bronze glitter through it. There were quite a bit of fallout but is a really nice corner to emphasize the outer V.
White Chocolate: A pale, matte colour with a very slight yellow undertone to it. This colour is perfect for highlighting the brow bone and brightening the inner corners as it is matte.
Milk Chocolate: Matte and medium-tones brown shade which I like to use to blend colours with to remove any harsh lines.
Black Forest Truffle: A brown with plum/burgundy undertones and lots of golden/bronze glitter. The glitter in this shade made it feel more gritty and wasn't opaque on the first swatch. I had to go over the swatch a few times to get it more opaque.
Triple Fudge: A deeper, more cool/neutral-toned brown matte shade. Great for the outer v or even blending with.


Salted Caramel: An orange-tones brown shade that is matte. I found this colour to be a little powdery but it has great pigmentation.
Marzipan: One of my favourite colours out of the whole palette! It's a golden-peachy shade with a metallic to frosty finish. The texture of this shade is so nice. It was so buttery and just glided on in one swipe. Beautiful shade!
Semi-Sweet: A matte, warm-toned dark brown. Again with this shade, it took me a few swipes to get it more opaque but this is a nice colour to contour the eyes with.
Strawberry Bon Bon: A cool-tone light pink with a matte finish. It looks more pinker in the palette than when you actually put it on the eyes. The pigmentation of this colour was meh. I wish it showed up more pink in the swatch.
Candied Violet: A beautiful, deep violet shade. However, I found this hard to blend with and had to build it up many times to get it to an opaque colour. Least pigmented out of the whole palette. It also had a dry texture due to the glitter/shimmer in it.
Amaretto: A bronzey-red toned brown shade with a metallic/frosty finish. It's such a beautiful colour and the pigmentation was awesome. The texture is also nice and smooth.


Hazelnut: A warm-toned bronze shade with a metallic finish. It has great pigmentation and the texture was really good!
Creme Brulee: A metallic, slightly warm-toned golden shade. Another one of my favourites in the palette. the texture was so smooth and blendable. 
Haute Chocolate: A warm, golden brown shade with a frosty finish. The pigmentation of this shade is amazing and is just so smooth and buttery! 
Cherry Cordial: A plum/red toned brown. It has a matte finish. The pigmentation was okay and it did look a little powdery. 
Champagne Truffle: A beautiful frosty white with a hint of pink shade. It has great pigmentation and is a beautiful colour to highlight the inner corners with and to brighten the eyes. 

Overall: This is a nice palette that I do find myself reaching more than my UD Naked 1 lately - maybe because it smells so yummy! I think it is a nice addition to your collection but there isn't any colour that is really unique or that stand outs. I do recommend this palette if you're deciding on getting a neutral palette and the bonus scent of chocolate is always nice! :D However, if you do already have a few neutral palettes, then you might not need this - only if you really want to since they are a bunch of neutral shades. But hey, can you ever have enough?

Have you tried this palette yet? What are your favourite shades? If not, are you planning on getting this palette?
Let me know :D

Until next time, guys. Stay safe!

Pochu <3

(the product mentioned in the above post was given to me as a gift. I am grateful for everything I receive)

No comments:

Post a Comment