Thursday 9 May 2013

'Real Techniques' iHerb order HAUL/Individual brushes

Sup dawgz, as stated in my last haul post, here are the pictures to the individual brushes from Real Techniques that I bought :)

This is the 'your base/flawless core collection' set:


The case that the brushes come with also act as a stand 

Contour Brush: 'delicately applies highlighter to contour or create sheer, soft-focus finish'
- I am really liking this for contouring. It's a small but big enough brush to contour with! The perfect sized for contouring :)

Pointed Foundation Brush: 'use with liquid foundation to build custom coverage'
- I haven't tried this one out yet because I don't generally like to use the traditional type of foundation brushes in the first place, I will try this out but the bristles on this brush don't feel as soft as the other brushes. The bristles do feel kind of hard which I don't really like and it's quite small... but we'll see how this goes :) I'll update on this brush when I try it out
UPDATE 09.05.2013: Okay, so I tried this brush out when my friend texted me and told me that she didn't really like this brush very much and omg... I don't like it at all either. It leaves streaks and it just doesn't blend well at all! I could already tell that it was going to leave streaks because of how the bristles feel and that's what it did. I don't like this brush :(

Detailer Brush: 'precision cut to effortlessly conceal problem areas; or, use with lipstick for long-lasting shade and definition'
- I think this is a good brush to use with concealer for small blemishes and dark spots, but I prefer the other brushes that I own for that. I think I'll just use this as a lip brush :)

Buffing Brush: 'ideal for full coverage application of powder and mineral foundation'
- This brush is amazing for powdered foundation! It's not as dense so I don't think it'll be that great with liquid foundation but I haven't tried that out yet. But for powdered products, this brush gives a very flawless look! 

Front view of the Buffing Brush - round

The next set is the 'your eyes/enhanced starter set':


Again, the case that it comes with also acts as a stand 


Deluxe Crease Brush:  'soft, oversized design for effortless contouring'
- I think this is way too big for a crease brush. I know that is meant to be oversized but yeah... or maybe it's just because I have small eyes LOL! This is good to apply shadow with on the outer v and I also think it's great for applying concealer because it reminds me of the Sigma P82 which I love for concealer :)

Base Shadow Brush: 'applies a smooth, flawless foundation of color'
- Just a good brush to pat on eyeshadow on your lids haha. The bristles are soft so if you want you can even use it to blend out any colours and harsh lines 

Brow Brush: 'distinctive shape easily defines eyebrows'
- An angled brush which is slightly, very slightly bigger than the regular angled brushes which works great for me as a brow brush since I generally use my angled brushes and eye-shadow for my brows to begin with haha

Accent Brush: 'designed for precision detailing, spotlighting, highlighting, and smudging'
- I like using this brush to highlight my inner corners. It's so small! That's what she said. I'm not used to how small the handle is. But it's a good brush for those smaller things :)

Pixel-Point Eyeliner Brush: 'tapered cut is ideal for dense or fine eyeliner application'
- This is my least favourite brush out of the whole set. I think the bristles are too long for eyeliner and I just feel that it's not stiff enough for a nice clean line. Meh... I don't think I'll be using this brush at all or I might some use for it in the future.

This is what the case looks like when closed for both sets. There are two extra slots in the case but you can't really add any other brushes in it because the case won't close.

The last Real Techniques brush that I bought is the Blush Brush:



Blush Brush: 'contour and define cheeks for flawlessly blended, high definition results'
- I love the pink handle :P I just love the pink LOL
As a blush brush, it's alright. If you only want a light blush application then this would be fine but it doesn't pick up as much product as I would like to. Still good though. I think it's a good brush to contour with though. I use a Too Faced bronzer which is a little too dark for me so this gives me a light application which is not too heavy. So yeah, I like this for contouring. 

So yeah. Those are my first impressions of the brushes that I bought. They're not AS soft as everyone makes them out to be which might be an unpopular opinion of mine. Don't get me wrong, they're still really soft but yeah. The softest brushes I've tried from the drugstore are the Ecotools brushes. They're super soft!
I'm planning on buying the powder brush because my friend bought it and it felt really nice. But for now, I'm saving up to buy the new Bubbi brushes which are coming out soon! :D

Have you tried any of the Real Techniques brushes? What do you think of them?

<3 Pochu

(All products mentioned in the above post were bought with my own money. Review is in my honest opinion)

No comments:

Post a Comment