Thursday 25 April 2013

REVIEW: Physicians Formula Happy Booster Blush in "NATURAL" & "ROSE"

Hey everyone! How was your week? :) 

Todays review are on the Physicians Formula Happy Booster blushes. I have two shades to review and they are the shades "Natural" and "Rose". I believe that stores in Australia only stock these two shades (correct me if I'm wrong).

I don't normally wear blush but lately I have. I tend to have quite pink cheeks naturally which is why I never really wore blush but I've notice that when I do my skin looks so much more... what's the word?  Illuminated. Yeah, that's the word.

Anyway, here's my review:



(left to right - Natural, Rose)

Where I purchased it: Priceline (Retails for $21.90 at Priceline)

What it claims: 
  • Ultra-soft and blendable blushing powder features a fresh and vibrant mix of blushing tones infused with a pop of color to create a healthy glow.
  • Multi-reflective pearls provide a soft iridescence to highlight contour and add radiance to cheeks.
  • Infused with our Happy Boost Blend, featuring Happy Skin and Euphoryl, natural plant extracts which have been shown to promote a feeling of happiness by mimicking the effect of Endorphins and helping protect the skin from environmental stress.
  • The sweet scent of Violet provides a feeling of joy each time you apply

Packaging: It comes in a metallic hot pink container and contains about 7g (0.24 oz) of product. Although I do find the packaging cute, the container itself is kind of bulky and I wouldn't have it in my bag for touch ups during the day. It's just too big for me. That's what she said.  It reminds me of something Barbie would have but you know, if that's your thing then I guess you would love this haha.
The product design itself - I think the multi-coloured hearts is absolutely adorable. I might not be too fond of the packaging but I think the hearts are so cute haha
When you lift up the part that holds the product, there a quite a big compartment that hold the brush that it comes with. I do not care for the brush at all - sorry to those of you who like it... but I don't know who would. I find that it picks up no product at all and my ones in particular shed like crazy and feels cheap. I think the compartment is a waste of space and would prefer the packaging to just have the blush itself with the lid, but I guess if you were to take this with you somewhere then it would be a nice place to hold bobby pins and hair-ties. Although I don't really like the way the packaging is, I must say that it is really sturdy and reliable so I guess it's pretty good for a drugstore product :)




My thoughts: To start off I think that the claim of this blush giving you a 'happy boost' is a little cheesy, but it does make me happy seeing the blush in like pink heart shapes. There is a very faint smell of violet but I can't really smell it unless I lift it up close to my nose and take a huge sniff of it. The scent is supposedly meant to give you a "happy boost" but yeah... not really. 
The shade "natural" gives a very light pink glow to the face. It is a mix of pinks and beige colours with quite a lot of shimmer. I find that it has more shimmer than the "rose" shade so if you want something that's going lightly highlight your face with a pink tint and shimmers then this would be a nice choice. If you do not like shimmery blushes, then "natural" is not for you. Throughout the day the colour did fade really quickly (between the 1-2 hour mark), however the shimmer remained on my face and by then I was starting to look more oily than glowy. So saying that, the staying power of the "natural" shade isn't very long. The "rose" shade lasted much longer and by the end of the day I could still see a hint of pink on my cheeks - not as bright as when I first applied it but it was still there. I wore these both with and without foundation. With foundation, the "natural" shade lasted a bit longer but still faded till there was only just shimmer. What I love about the "rose" shade is that there is just enough shimmer to give you a glow without making you like a character from Twilight HAHAHHA... no? Okay. But I do love the shade against my skin tone.
I love how both colours turned out when you swirled them together (not both of them at the same time but yeah, you get me) and are very blendable. 
They are non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic so they are great for anyone with sensitive skin! I don't have sensitive or acne prone skin and not many products can easily break me out but from reading other reviews, it hasn't seem to have broken anyone out. 1 point to them! :)

(left to right: rose, natural)

Make-ing-up my mind! 
- Would I repurchase? I might repurchase the "rose" shade if I ever finish it but I wouldn't repurchase the "natural" shade - it's too shimmery for my taste but I do like the light pink glow - just not enough to make me want to repurchase it. Plus, they're quite expensive when they're not on sale :( Stupid Australian prices
- Do I recommend it? If you want a soft pink glow with shimmer then I do recommend that you try out "natural" and see for yourself. The lasting power of it by itself is not very long and again, if you're not fond of shimmer blushes then I don't recommend this. 
If you want a deeper pink shade with less shimmer then I recommend the "rose" shade.
They do provide a nice colour and glow to the face but fades quite quickly for my liking. But I guess every product has its cons, right? :) I will keep using them and there are more blushes out there that I will try out.

Have you tried out this blush? What do you think?

Until next time!

<3 Pochu

(All products mentioned in the above post were bought with my own money. Review is in my honest opinion)

3 comments:

  1. This blush has such a cute design. I'd love to try out the shade "rose". Thanks for the review!

    evelinkivi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! The "rose" shade is such a beautiful colour!

      Let me know if you try it out :)

      Delete
  2. I love the blush design with the multi-colored hearts, especially Rose's, so many lovely colors. Thanks for reviewing this and for checking out my blog by the way! :D

    http://withlove-tiffany.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete