Thursday 4 September 2014

Review/Swatches: Lorac Pro 2 Palette

Hey everyone! How have you all been?

I've been back from America for just over a month now and I bought so much while I was over there. I do plan on doing individual swatches of everything soon so they'll be coming up sometime.

The first product review that I want to do is on the Lorac Pro 2 eyeshadow palette. I also bought the original Lorac Pro Palette over there so I'll have a swatch post of that soon as well.


On the Website: (From the ULTA website) Go PRO with LORAC PRO Palette 2! The sequel to their original, best-selling PRO Palette and created by celebrity makeup artist Carol Shaw, this PRO artistry palette is packed with 8 Shimmer and 8 Matte Eye Shadows in all the cool shades you need to create the hottest looks straight from the Red Carpet. LORAC's velvety-smooth shadows are infused with soothing botanicals and are ultra-pigmented to perform wet or dry so you can shade, shadow, line and define your eyes, just like a PRO.

Pricing: Retails for $42usd at ULTA

Packaging: The packaging is very sleek and very much the same to the original Pro palette but instead is grey. It has a magnetic closure with a good sized mirror and I haven't experienced it opening in my bag while travelling yet, but since the palette itself is very thin, light and it easily fits and packs away into bags without problems. So it is very travel friendly. However, the packaging can get quite dirty very easily due to some fallout. You also get a mini eyeshadow primer with the palette as well.


My Thoughs: The palette itself comes with 16 shades, which I think it great value - considering that you get 12 in the UD Naked palettes and they retail for about $52 I believe. I love that this palette gives you a wide variety of both matte and shimmery shades. It's a very versatile palette and although there is the pop of navy and plum shade in the palette, the other shades can still create very wearable day-to-day looks. This palette also gives the ability to create really dark and smokey night looks with the grey/silver and black shade which I love. 
The pigmentation of the shades are amazing - if you own the original Lorac Pro palette, you'd know that the quality of these shadows are really, really nice. You don't have to work very hard to blend the shadows as they so smooth and buttery. I find that so weird to describe eyeshadows haha - buttery... But they do go on very easily and beautifully. I do find that there is a bit of fallout so do be careful when using the darker shades.
There are more cooler tones in this palette than the original so if you prefer more warmer shades such as bronze and gold toned shadows, I would highly recommend the original Lorac Pro palette.



All of the following swatches were done without a primer


Buff - I love this shade for highlighting my brow-bone! It's the perfect shade to highlight as it's not too white (has some yellow undertones to it). However, this shade might not show up as well if you do have a more tan complexion as it only JUST shows up on mine and I tend to use the lightest foundation shades for any foundation
I love using Lt. Brown and Nectar as contour and transition/blending colours
When I used Cool Gray all over the lids with MAC's Satin Taupe and Chrome, it created a very beautiful and hazy smokey eye - love it for the cooler seasons!


Plum is such a beautiful colour for the colder seasons as well! I like to use Buff all over my lids, then just place Plum in the outer V of my eye for some definition and that's it! Instant autumn smokey eye :3


Snow - like it's name, is a very frosty white shade. I only like to use this shade to highlight my inner corners
Beige, Rose and Mocha are great for more wearable and everyday eye looks


I love Silver for a more festive or dramatic smokey eye look - how pigmented is it? Such amazing pigmentation!
I also love how Jade isn't as green which definitely makes it more wearable

Overall: I love this palette! I think it's very versatile and gives a break from all the other neutral palettes that I own. I love the extra pop of colours in this palette that are still very wearable and again, the pigmentation is amazing. If you're wanting to choose a palette that's very versatile, I would highly recommend this palette. However, if you prefer more neutral/warmer tones, I would recommend the original Lorac Pro, Urban Decay Naked 1 and the Too Faced Chocolate Palette. Those palettes have very basic and neutral shades that also can be used for any occasion. But yeah, I would definitely recommend this if you want to add some other colours to your eye looks.

Have you tried this palette yet? Would you get it now that you've seen the swatches?
What are your thoughts on this in comparison to the original Lorac Pro Palette?

That's all for this post, I hope you all have a wonderful day. Stay safe and I'll see you  guys in my next post.

xx Pochu

(All products mentioned above was purchased with my own money. Opinions are 100% my own)

1 comment:

  1. !! I've always wanted this palette. but it's so expensive >< and i have so many palettes already.

    ReplyDelete